2017 Haul-Out Information & FormsWinterize your boat with Pikes Bay!
We will begin hauling boats after Labor Day. All boats must be available for Haul-Out by Monday, October 9th or sooner. Be aware that the Haul-Out date, will affect your launch date (i.e. first out, last in). In addition, boats can only be placed in the storage building in a certain order. As we have limited space, we may need to haul boats at our discretion to get them placed in storage, winterized and covered before the snow flies.
Here is a checklist for you to follow, for a smooth Haul-Out at Pikes Bay Marina:
- Fill out & Return Haul-Out Form, by 9.8.17 (even if you don’t require services). Haul-Out requests are accepted in Written Form Only. No Phone Calls.
- Fill out & Return Shrink Wrap/Cover Form by 9.8.17 – if needed
Before leaving your boat for the last time:
- Get a final Pump Out and make sure a sticker is applied to your Waste Cap. This way the PBM service crew knows the tank is empty. If the service crew has to pump-out at the time of haul-out, there will be a $75 fee
- Fill Fuel tanks to 7/8 full
- Drain your water tanks
- Remove all items that may invite theft or attract rodents such as electronic equipment, clothing, food, liquids and other perishable items, as it is recommended that your boat remain unlocked while in storage
- It is advisable to take vinyl windows, canvas, sails and upholstery home during the winter months.Pikes Bay Marina will not be responsible for damage to clear vinyl windows during cold weather storage
- Store your personal water hoses on board your boat. Hoses may be lost or damaged over the winter. Label your Power Cords & any adapters. Labels are available at the Ship Store
- Make sure your dinghy & motor are labeled. Tags are available in the Ship Store.
If you would like the PBM service crew to haul-out and store your dinghy, please indicate on Haul-Out form
- Lock or latch the lid of your dock box. Winter winds can blow lids off the dock boxes
- Please take your bikes home or store aboard your boat. Bikes can be stored in the shop for a $60 fee. Bikes left behind will be donated to a local bike program.
- Remove any personal items from your Pikes Bay Clubhouse Locker (if applicable)
If your cradle is determined to be unsafe by PBM, we reserve the right to use jack stands in addition to, or in place of your cradle. Seasonal jack stand rental is $250.
Donate Can Goods
If you are not planning to take those leftover canned goods home, a donation box is located outside the ship store. These leftovers will be donated to the local Food Bank.
Do It Yourself
Boat owners are welcome to do their own winterization. We will provide a slip at our service docks the day before your scheduled haul out, for you to “DO IT YOURSELF.” We can then use our service walkway to “WALK” the boat into the lift. This will provide you the convenience of winterizing your boat on the weekend and we will haul-out during the week.
As part of our Clean Marina Initiative, you are only allowed to use RV or Marine Antifreeze. And, we do not have the ability to tow your boat from your slip to the lift well.
PBM is offering special prices on winter service projects. This is a great opportunity to upgrade your electronics, install new equipment or make needed repairs and save money.
To take advantage of this offer, your project request must be requested prior to haul- out, (so we can to make sure your boat is accessible to move in and out of our working service bay). If you have any questions regarding haul-out, winterization or winter storage, please do not hesitate to call, 715-779-3900.
PBM Vessel Service Staff
84190 Pikes Bay Road Bayfield, WI 54814
(715) 779-3902 FAX firstname.lastname@example.org